Thursday, August 20, 2015

Ocean Prime

It's Troy Restaurant Week! What a perfect way to try different restaurants in the city at the fraction of the price. We decided on Ocean Prime which is one of the 19 restaurants you can pick from. They have won numerous awards throughout the years, plus I've heard wonderful things! I just had to see & taste for it myself. 
I made reservations via opentable.com  for 8pm today (August 20th) which was the earliest available time. Ocean Prime was extremely busy for a Thursday like i assumed because its restaurant week. 

Ocean Prime Troy Restaurant Week menu:
            $35 for a three course meal

We were seated in a corner booth in the "lounge" AKA bar room. It seems to me from past experiences being put in a corner booth you are always forgotten about which was 100% the case from the second we sat down. 
Nobody puts BABY
 in the corner!

I ordered the Berries & Bubbles a signature cocktail ($14) which consisted of Belvedere citrus vodka, blackberries plus it bubbled which was pretty amusing 
P ordered a Prime Manhattan ($14)--woodford reserve & luxardo cherries; way to strong for me! But he looked classy drinking it. 

Next, the server brought us a bowl of POPCORN! Im obsessed with popcorn.  But tonight at OP it just seemed strange & not classy to be chowing down handfuls of buttery popcorn before my filet came.  

First course:

Lobster bisque 

French onion soup
P's lobster bisque was creamy & delicious! 
My french onion was one of the best I've ever had! Lots of places easily over salt soups especially french onion but this one was spot on! 


Main course:

Filet Mignon

Jumbo lump crab cakes

The 6oz filet Mignon was cooked to perfection (medium-rare) 

P's crab cakes were light & fluffy. They layed on a bed of a cream corn sauce. Yummy! 

Third Course

"Butter" cake aka pound cake with strawberry purée

 5 layer carrot cake with pineapple sryup

Overall, our meal this evening was wonderful & we left with full bellys. 

Unfortunately the service was lacking. I wish I could blame that on how busy they were but, they didn't go out of there way to make me satifsied at all. Hostess on duty was uninviting & unprofessional. 

Service ⭐️⭐️
Restroom ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Meal ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


FRIDAY August 21st is the last day to try lots of tasty restaurants at the fraction of the cost! 

Go treat you & your special someone to a 5 star meal tonight!

http://troyrestaurantweek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment